"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10
"... being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6
I am not sure if I can explain what these verses mean to me. They are refreshing to me today. Sometimes I go through times that I do not feel worthy of Christ continuing to work in me. I see my mistakes and sometimes my habitual mistakes and I wonder how He can use me. I guess no one is worthy of God's presence, which makes it all more amazing. His love is not there just for a good feeling but it shows us how great He is that His love never changes for us. It is a promise we can hold to whether we feel it or not.
At times I feel like I deserve to be punished and not forgiven. But, that is not God's plan! He came to give me life. Today I can live with a positive frame of mind; filled with thankfulness because He has given me a full life. To me that means to enjoy my children, the passions God has given me, and look forward to being with my husband. I can do these things with God's peace.
As for not feeling worthy of God working in me.... When I read that verse this morning that God will continue to work in me until the day of Christ I was renewed in my mind! I have seen God begin His work in me and do many praise worthy things in my life. The Bible says that He will carry this work on to "completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Well, Jesus has not returned yet so He is not done working in me yet! So, I carry on to see what work He wants to do in me today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love your blog and your insight! It's inspiring to find comfort in the words of God. :)
Post a Comment