"Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set His seal of ownership on us, and put His Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come." II Corinthians 1:21-22
These verses hold a lot in them for me to think about! First of all, I am trying to change something in my life that is a wrong habit. It is a negative stronghold for me. God has spoken to me that I am set free from it and that I should stand firm in that. I get so discouraged sometimes because I keep failing. Then this verse comes along and reminds me why I fall. I am relying on my own strength and that,I guess, is not very strong! It is only through God that I can stand firm. It is amazing to me that He offers me that power to be true to Him. So often, I think it should come from my own strength so I can prove my love and loyalty to Him. But, that is not how it works. I still don't understand it, but have to trust in it and allow God to do that for me.
I love the part about Him putting a "seal of ownership" on us. That is such security that I am in Christ! Nothing can break that seal. God is the all powerful and once that seal is in place it cannot be removed! That brings praise to my soul! No other power, temptation, even sin can break it.
The next part really gets me excited and has been a new or deeper learning for me lately. The verse says, "... and put His Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come." The greatness, wonder, and worship I feel and experience for God now is only a "deposit" - a beginning. It is just a taste of what is to come. A deposit is just a percentage. We put down a deposit to buy a car, furniture, house, and so on. It is just part of what we will pay in the end. God has given us a deposit in His Holy Spirit. Just part of what He will give us in the end. In heaven we will have the completeness and wholeness in His presence! It will be amazing! The joy and fullness I feel now when worshiping God will be pure and 100% in heaven. It will be magnified and so much more. This is a promise - it is guaranteed! I think I will burst then because it will be so much! Sure makes me think of heaven more and be more excited about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment