Thursday, October 30, 2008

Morning prayer

This morning I have quietness. The kids are playing with their friends at a different house and I have time to think. The sky is a beautiful blue and it is a refreshing morning outside. It leads me to prayer:

Dear God, thank you for a beautiful morning. Thank you that you use nature and your great love to draw me close to you. You know I need your filling and closeness and I am so thankful for moments of peace like this. You have given me so much in life with a great husband and kids and a great place to live and serve you. Most of all I am thankful that you love me and accept me as I am. I am also glad that you don't leave me as I am though. You keep me accountable to following you and being obedient. Thank you for your rich words in the Bible and showing me your truth. You really are a great God full of compassion, mercy, wisdom, and strength. Today I want to take time to just be with you. Worship you. Be in awe of you. You deserve my all and without you I am nothing. You are my hope and wholeness. Thank you, Jesus! And I love you! May I do my best with your help and power to honor you today.
Amen.

3 comments:

Carla said...

Thanks for that!! Sometime I forget how lovely prayer can be.

Victoria said...

Your words are inspiring! We often don't take time to be grateful of what God has created for us. I'm glad you had some quite time. In a busy world, distractions sway us from taking a simple moment.
XO, Tori

Emma said...

Continue your humbleness and love for God. Yes, we live in a busy world and need His constant inspiration to help us daily. XO Gramma