"Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death. See what this godly sorrow has produced in you: what earnestness, what eagerness to clear yourselves, what indignation, what alarm, what longing, what concern, what readiness to see justice done." II Corinthians 7:10-11
These are the verses that "hit" me this morning. It is a great example to me to have a soft heart. Not to have pride and be willing to admit that I am wrong and do all I can to change the wrong. It gives me the desire to have a heart full of God and living with His attitude and mindset. Doing things His way not my way. I struggle with being defensive when convicted of something, but the Corinthians were confronted with a sin and this is the way they responded. They must have received more blessings and wholeness with the attitude of their response. I would love to have this maturity!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment